When we say that Thai food is among the best tasting in the world of cuisines, there is no denying that. There is more to Thai food than taste though. It is chock-full of nutritious ingredients that are good for your health. If you still have not tasted Thai food, you are missing out. We serve the best Thai cuisine in Huntsville. You should come and try some of our dishes!
Thai food preparations use fresh ingredients that give a delectable taste to the food and fill you up with essential nutrients. Read on to find out some of the common constituents and their associated health benefits:
1. Coconut milk- A variety of signature Thai dishes and soups contain coconut milk. This creamy liquid is derived from ripened coconuts and is rich in electrolytes. It contains good cholesterol or HDL, so it is good news for your blood cholesterol levels as well.
2. Lean protein- Most Thai dishes consist of tofu, fish, or chicken. All of these are packed with loads of protein and some saturated fat. If you are a vegetarian, you can opt for dishes with tofu.
3. Rice- Rice is a staple and fills your stomach. It balances your meal by adding essential carbohydrates. You do not need meat to add protein to the meal, use tofu instead if you are a vegetarian.
4. Fresh vegetables and herbs- Visit Thai restaurants, order authentic Thai cuisine, and you will be served a good amount of veggies. The preparations also use herbs with a range of health benefits. Carrot, bean sprouts, broccoli, kale, bok choy, onions, and mustard greens are some of the vegetables that you will find. Ginger, basil, garlic, cilantro, turmeric, and lemongrass are some common herbs.
1. Energy booster- Indulge in some Thai delicacies whenever you need a boost of energy. Coconut milk provides electrolytes, fresh vegetables are loaded with minerals and vitamins, fish and meat are rich in protein, and rice is an immediate source of carbs. These nutrients help healthily recharge your body.
2. Cardiovascular health- The ingredients used in Thai cuisines aid in lowering the bad cholesterol or LDL while raising good cholesterol or HDL. Higher HDL levels in your body are good for the health of your heart.
3. Strengthens immunity– Thai restaurants serve wholesome foods that are rich in essential nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B12, zinc, iron, potassium, magnesium, and more that replenish the white blood cells of your body boosting your immune system.
4. Anti-inflammatory- Inflammation is responsible for a lot of health issues. It causes pain and problems. Eating Thai food regularly can take care of your inflammation troubles. Ingredients such as garlic, turmeric, hot pepper, and ginger effectively reduce inflammation.
Thai food tastes great and is packed with immense health benefits as well. What else do you want from what you eat? Visit Phuket, one of the best Thai restaurants in town, and our chefs will serve yumminess on your plate!
If you are looking for a sea Thai food restaurant, we are it. Call us at 256-489-1612 for reservations.
This content was originally published here.