Pad Thai – the national dish of Thailand. Kim’s own famous recipe of Thai rice noodles, stir-fried with egg, vegetables and tamarind sauce. You can add chicken, prawn, beef, pork or just have it as it comes with the vegetables.
So kha, let’s get on with it, tell us how you get on! (Serves two people)
1. Soak rice nodles for 30 minutes in room temperature water.
2. Heat and season the wok. Add chicken and stir fry for a few minutes.
3. Add egg and stir fry. Before the egg is fully cooked, add the noodles, sugar and turnip. Stir fry until all ingredients are mixed well and noodles are wilted.
4. Add the tamarind and season with fish sauce. Then add bean sprouts, green onions and the red chilli. Stir fry quickly to ensure everything is well combined.
5. Remove from heat and serve with crushed peanuts and lemon wedge on the side and garnish with coriander.
*please note you do not need the preserved turnip
This content was originally published here.